Alexey A. Gorodissky
Partner, Attorney-at-Law and Trademark Attorney
Head of Project Finance / Business Finance
Areas of practice:
Alexey Gorodissky has 11 years of experience representing Russian and foreign clients in M&A transactions, business financing, and asset sales and acquisitions. Alexey, in particular, advises on transaction structuring and issues involving Russian corporate, antimonopoly, currency, tax and civil legislation. In addition, he is an expert in conducting due diligence of companies and assets.
Alexey is very well versed in the area of business aviation project support.
Over recent years Alexey has also been advising clients on intellectual property issues in connection with their Russian and transnational projects and has been successful in representing clients in intellectual property litigation.
- Representation of NVision Group in its strategic integration with Sistema JSFC (advising on corporate law and intellectual property issues).
- Comprehensive legal support to RUSNANO in more than 20 investment projects totaling over 6 billion rubles in investments (support included transaction structuring and advice on corporate law matters in connection with creation of joint ventures, and advice on intellectual property issues related to the assignment of intellectual property to joint ventures).
- Developed a restructuring plan and provided legal support for a large Russian retail network's corporate restructuring.
- Comprehensive support of sale of a 15.62% shareholding in RusRailLeasing OJSC.
- Comprehensive support to Ferrero Russia CJSC in connection with the additional issue of its shares worth 2,044,245,000 rubles (including drafting the share issue-related documents and registration thereof with the Federal Financial Markets Service).
- Legal support to an investor in creating a joint company for the SNEJ.COM project, an indoor ski slope in Krasnogorsk in the vicinity of Moscow (roughly $200 million total were invested in this project).
- Successfully defended a client in a legal dispute over the ownership of the exclusive rights to a database for monitoring and analysis of government and private pharmaceutical tenders in Russia.
- Representation of western investors in 13 secured loan financing projects (legal opinions on issues of Russian law; support for negotiating and closing security transactions; advice on matters of Russian tax, currency and civil legislation).
- Representation of several of clients in more than 10 business aviation projects for purchase, sale, ownership and operation of various types of private aircraft, including Boeing (737) Business Jet, Airbus (A319) Corporate Jetliner, Embraer (EMB-135BJ) Legacy 600, Bombardier Global 5000, Bombardier Learjet 45, Dassault Falcon 7 x, and Dassault Falcon 900B (the projects involved advice on matters of aviation, customs, tax and corporate legislation, international tax planning, aircraft registration, and execution of aircraft management agreements with European aircraft operators, including Jet Aviation).
- Legal support for the start-up and implementation of a luxury housing construction project on Crete, including advice on corporate structuring, international tax and financial planning, and raising asset-based capital).
- Representation of an investor in setting up a joint company for building one of Russia's largest oil refinery ports (the port was capitalized at roughly $2 billion).
- Due diligence on more than 300 real properties of a Russia's largest retail network in many Russian cities and regions, at the request of a large global trade network.
Practice of law:
- Andrey Gorodissky & Partners (since 2003)
- Andrey Makarov & Alexander Tobak Law Firm, Moscow City Bar Association
Legal intern (2002 – 2003)
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (USA)
Bar Admission:Russia since 2003
Education:Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), Department of International Law, Chair of International Private Law (2003)
Membership:Moscow Bar Association (since 2003)
- Russian (native)
- Overview of Arbitration Reform
- Renovated Arbitration
- M&A under Russian law - to be or not to be?
- Transfer of exclusive intellectual property rights and protection thereof
- THE GORODISSKYS as Dynasty of Business Lawyers
- Suretyship: Outlook for Business in the Light of the Latest Clarifications Made by the RF Supreme Arbitrazh Court
- RF Supreme Arbitrazh Court: More Disposivity in Contractual Relations as Illustrated by a Surety Contract
- Disputable suretyship related issues: clarifications given by the RF Supreme Arbitration Court (the RF SAC) and position of the business community
- A law firm should have a distinctive Web site
- Challenging of an Agreement of Cession of Rights (Claims).
- Requirements to Arbitrators in International Commercial Arbitration