Andrey M. Gorodissky
Managing Partner, Attorney, PhD (Law)
Head of Capital Markets
Areas of practice:
Andrey Gorodissky, with 35 years of legal practice, is the founder of AGP. He focuses his practice on representing clients in transnational and Russian M&A transactions and foreign investors doing business in Russia, and advising clients on capital markets transactions. He also provides advice in various sectors of the economy, including smelting, construction, chemical industry, retail trade, and agriculture.
Andrey has solid experience representing major international companies in arbitration cases before the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
- Structuring one of Russia's largest privatization transactions (all the transactions together totaled $1.6 billion).
- Led a team of lawyers representing major Russian manufacturing enterprises during the acquisition and sale of various assets between 2005 and 2012 totaling more than $3 billion.
- Represented an investor in an athletic complex construction project in the Moscow Region (investment volume totaled more than $100 million).
- Headed a team of lawyers preparing all the legal documentation for the largest mixed-use real estate construction project in Russia (including an office center, a mixed-use complex, and a hotel) totaling $3 billion in investments.
- Managed teams of lawyers during the period from 2000 to 2009 working on Russian company projects to issue Global Depositary Receipts (GDRs), Eurobonds and American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) totaling approximately $10 billion. The teams carried out the following tasks: due diligence of issuers and their subsidiaries; legal opinions on Russian law for underwriters and the New York Stock Exchange stemming from the denoted transactions; review of agreements and other documentation related to the offering of ADRs, GDRs and Eurobonds for compliance with Russian law; wording of Russian corporate, currency and tax law sections to be included in the issue prospectuses, registration statements, and other documentation filed for registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and underwriters.
- Prepared the merger of two major Russian manufacturing companies with $7 billion in capitalization.
- Headed a team of lawyers providing legal support for major industrial construction projects in the Vladimir and Leningrad Regions.
- Represented major Russian industrial companies in projects to acquire sea ports, coal companies, and enterprises abroad.
- Continuously provides his services as an arbitrator with the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Practice of law:
- Andrey Gorodissky & Partners
Managing Partner (since 1992)
- Russia’s Foreign Trade Academy
Lecturer (January 1991 - 1993)
- USSR Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations
Chief Expert, Contractual and Legal Department; USSR Representative at sessions of the UN Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) (1988 – 1991);
- USSR Trade Office in Western Berlin
Legal Consultant (1984 – 1988)
- Soyuznefteexport Foreign Trade Organization
Legal Consultant (1978 – 1984)
Post-Graduate School, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO)
PhD in Law (1987). Degree in Law and International Relations (1978)
- Moscow City Bar Association (since 1994)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Russian (native)
- “Competitor Who will Destroy You will not Be Like You…” Opinion by Andrey Gorodissky
- "Set on its Feet". Andrey Gorodissky’s Opinion About St. Petersburg’s Legal Forum-2014
- ILFs, are they like RuLFs?
- THE GORODISSKYS as Dynasty of Business Lawyers
- Forum 2014. Expectations and Trends
- Expert Commentary on the Establishment of the Russian Arbitration Association (RAA): its Mission
- New Realia of the Total Deoffshorization Campaign
- Quiet Revolution: What is Happening to the Law Firm Business Model.
- Reform in the Legal Services Market
- Review of International Commercial Arbitration Matters as Handled by Russian Courts, Based on Recent Litigation Cases
- A Rule-of-Law State Cannot Be Built Without a Developed National Market for Legal Services
- Interview given by the Managing Partner Andrey M. Gorodissky to the Legal Insight journal on the occasion of the 20-th Anniversary of Andrey Gorodissky & Partners Law Firm
- New Practices: Four Development Alternatives. Comment by the Managing Partner Andrey Gorodissky to the Legal Success Magazine
- We Want to Practice Russian Law in Russia
- Development of Russian Legal Services Market: Legislative Prerequisites
- Attorneys knowingly surrender the lion's share of their fees to American colleagues
- What Does Society Expect From a Lawyer?
- I highly value my status of attorney-at-law
- Summary of the Speech of Dr. Andrey Gorodissky at the First Russian and CIS Mergers and Acquisitions Conference of the International Bar Association.
- Actual Trends in Legal Business in Russia
- The ICC International Court of Arbitration: Possibilities for Russia
- Building of Holding Structures in Mergers: Resolution of Deadlock Situations