Dmitri A. Lubomudrov
Head of Corporate Law / Mergers & Acquisitions
Areas of practice:
Dmitri Lubomudrov has almost 20 years of experience advising Russian and foreign clients on a wide range of legal issues. Among other things, he provides support in major projects for the sale and acquisition of corporate and other assets, and for cross-border and project financing. Moreover, he structures and provides comprehensive support for a variety of investment transactions involving Russian and foreign capital, and prepares all-inclusive contractual frameworks.
Dmitri devotes a significant portion of his practice to structuring and providing comprehensive support for M&A transactions, developing shareholder ownership legal structures in Russia and various foreign jurisdictions, including the formation of holding companies with due regard to applicable corporate and tax regulations and the provisions of double tax treaties. Furthermore, he represents both Russian and foreign clients in connection with formation and operations of their joint ventures created to finance and carry out investment projects in Russia and abroad.
In addition, Dmitri is well-versed in international private law and international commercial arbitration. He has solid experience representings clients in Russian and foreign arbitration proceedings at the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and in arbitration institutions in Stockholm, Zurich, Vienna, etc. Dmitri has written a number of articles on topical issues in international arbitration.
Dmitri has written a number of articles on topical issues in international arbitration.
- Representation of investors in major construction and property development projects in Moscow, including legal support for asset purchase and sale transactions, structuring relations with partners (shareholders), dispute resolution, legal support for carrying out and financing projects, as well as corporate and debt restructuring.
- Comprehensive support for a transaction to acquire coal holding Belon OJSC (19 companies).
- Legal support of MMK OJSC transaction to acquire shares in a Turkish company for the joint construction and operation of a smelting plant in Turkey.
- Representation of Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in more than 10 secured loan financing projects.
- Representation of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in the loan restructuring for a St. Petersburg property development project and in the provision of financing to a Urals cosmetics company.
- Representation of a Russian client in three interconnected cases before the International Arbitration Court at the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber in a lawsuit brought by a German equipment manufacturer.
- Representation of a Russian processing equipment manufacturer in disputes with an American company before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce and the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Practice of law:
- Andrey Gorodissky & Partners (since 1994)
Attorney (since 1999)
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (USA)
Education:Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), International Law Department, Chair of International Private Law. Degree with Honors (1996)
Membership:Moscow Bar Association (since 1999)
- Russian (native)
- M&A under Russian law - to be or not to be?
- Everybody must keep to uniform rules in their work
- Amendments to Part Three of the Russian Civil Code. Newsletter
- INTERNATIONAL TREATY OR POLITE RECIPROCITY. Potential Grounds for Recognition of Foreign Court Judgments in Russia
- Civil Legislation Reform - The 2013 Results
- Comments on the Newly Established Russian Arbitration Association
- Amendments to Parts One and Three of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation. Newsletter
- Enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Review of International Commercial Arbitration Matters as Handled by Russian Courts, Based on Recent Litigation Cases
- Further Comments on N. Maximov vs. NLMK
- Case Law Concerning International Arbitration Issues (Part II)
- Case Law Concerning International Arbitration Issues (Part I)
- Advantages of International Arbitration. Conventional Understanding and Practical Considerations.
- Enforcement of Foreign Courts Judgments.
- Advantages of International Commercial Arbitration: Basic and Relative
- Expert opinions on the basic issues of development of alternative dispute resolution
- Certain Issues of International Commercial Arbitration in the Recent Practice of Russian State Commercial (Arbitrazh) Courts