Ludmila V. Kucherova
Areas of practice:
- Civil & Commercial Litigation / International Commercial Arbitration
- Taxation / Tax Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- Defamation Cases
Ludmila Kucherova is responsible for developing the economic and tax crime litigation practice at AGP. She has 15 years of experience working in the investigative agencies of the Russian Ministry of the Interior as an investigator, senior investigator, and head of the investigation department for economic crimes.
Ludmila provides advice and prepares legal opinions on legal issues related to economic and tax violations, and represents clients during pre-trial discovery and investigation.
Furthermore, she is successful in acting as defense lawyer for individuals during pre-trial investigations and in general jurisdiction courts, and in representing companies in commercial (arbitrazh) courts and general jurisdiction courts.
- Obtained acquittal of a company’s general director charged with large-scale embezzlement of non-ferrous scrap metal in the fuel and energy industry in criminal proceedings at a general jurisdiction court.
- Successfully defended an individual criminally prosecuted for large-scale credit fraud before an appellate court: the charge against the defendant's was redefined as a less serious crime and the sentence was significantly reduced.
- Comprehensive advice and situation assessment in a criminal case involving large-scale embezzlement of funds in the public sector.
- Successfully litigated consumer disputes before general jurisdiction courts.
- Developed a legal strategy for a large commercial company suspected of gross tax evasion during the pre-trial discovery. The ruling was made to dismiss the initiation of a criminal case.
- Won a commercial case for recovery of debt and penalty under delivery contracts in an arbitrazh court.
Practice of law:
- Andrey Gorodissky & Partners (since 2012)
- Private Attorney Practice (2006 – 2012)
- Investigative Agencies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Senior Investigator; Investigation Department Head for Economic Crimes (1991 – 2006)
- Modern University for the Humanities. Lecturer, course in economic law (2003 – 2005)
Syktyvkar State University (1999)
Professional Development and Advanced Training Department, St. Petersburg University of the Russian Ministry of the Interior (2004)
Attorney Activities in Criminal Practice program, Higher Advanced Training Courses for Russian Attorneys, Russian Academy of Lawyers and Notaries (2008)
Membership:Moscow Bar Association (since 2006)
- Russian (native)