Nikolay K. Popelensky
Counsel, RF Patent Attorney, license № 31, Eurasian Patent Attorney, license № 77
Areas of practice:
- Intellectual Property
- Inventions, utility models, industrial designs
- Eurasian patent law
- Representing right holders in courts, Rospatent’s Chamber for Patent Disputes, and Eurasian Patent Organization (EAPO)
The practice involves:
Nikolay has a 39-years’ experience of practice as patent attorney and provides the full range of services relating to protection of industrial property. He is RF patent attorney with unlimited scope of practice (Certificate #31) and Eurasian patent attorney (Certificate #77).
Over the years of his practice, Nikolay represented a great number of foreign companies during prosecution and protection of their industrial property rights in both USSR and Russia, and he also took part in prosecution and registration of Russian enterprises’ industrial property rights in 144 countries. Furthermore, Nikolay as expert counsel of the State Duma (Russian Parliament) took part in the Parliament’s work on amendments to the Russian trademark legislation.
Practice of law:
- Popelensky, patent attorneys LLC (1995 - 2016)
- Soyuzpatent at the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry (1977 - 1995)
- Moscow Institute of Road Traffic
Membership:International Association for Protection of Intellectual Property (IAPIP)
- Russian (native)