Valentin N. Moiseev
Partner, Attorney, PhD (Law)
Head of Taxation / Tax Disputes
Areas of practice:
Valentin focuses on tax advice and tax dispute resolution. His experience includes a number of major tax consultancy projects and successful representation of tax payers before commercial (arbitrazh) courts, including precedent-settin
- Advice and successful representation of a software distributor in a precedent-settin
g tax dispute over written certification of the tax residence of the counterparty recipient of license fees.
- Successful pre-trial resolution of a VAT refund dispute involving a major office construction investor.
- Justification of a major meat producer's applying a reduced VAT rate (10%) on its products.
- Won more than 30 VAT refund cases involving oil products and equipment exporters.
- Advice and organizational support for the acquisition of Polyus Gold International Limited shares, which included obtaining an approval of the City of London’s Panel on Takeovers and Mergers (transaction totaled $1.7 billion).
- Comprehensive advice for a large German automobile manufacturer's Russian subsidiary.
- Successful defense against a patent troll’s infringement claims in a general jurisdiction court; successful representation of the client before the Russian PTO and a commercial court to seek invalidation of the allegedly infringed patent.
- Advising a number of corporate and individual investors on taxation of income received outside Russia.
- Handling tax aspects of a largest M&A project in the Russian oil and gas market.
Practice of law:
- Andrey Gorodissky & Partners (since 2011)
- Private attorney practice (2009 – 2011)
- BDO Unicon CJSC, Senior Tax Practice Consultant, (2005 – 2008) and Tax Practice Manager (2008 – 2009)
- Horwath ICLC, Head of the Arbitrazh Sector, Legal Department (2003 – 2005)
- Mari Audit CJSC, Lawyer (2003)
- Russian Academy of Justice, Post-Graduate School, Ph.D. (Law) (2008)
- Higher School of Economics – National Research University, Diploma in Jurisprudence (2003)
Membership:Moscow Bar Association (since 2009)
- Russian (native)
- Valentin Moiseev “About Legal Matters of the Outgoing Year”
- Lease for Foreigners: How To Calculate VAT Proportion
- AGP Partner's Comments on Antimonopoly Dispute over Choice of Government Supplier in Vedomosti
- Controlled Foreign Companies: Characteristics and Taxation
- The Vulnerable Spot of the Tax Legislation.
- Taking into account wear and tear in calculating insurance indemnity under Compulsory Motor TPL Insurance
- Taxpayer’s Jurisdiction: Apostille Certification
- A Word on Patent Trolling
- Foreclosure and VAT. The RF Supreme Arbitrazh Court repealed provisions of the Russian Tax Code
- Tax Disputes. Law Enforcement Issues
- Use of the results of an appraisal to control transfer pricing
- Expert’s comment
- Legal Advice
- Expert’s comment on the article "One Employer VS five Employees, or an Even Score in a Dispute Over Compensation of Damages"
- Expert’s comment on the article "Traffic Incident: Compensation of Damage Despite of Circumstances"
- Development of Russian Legal Services Market: Legislative Prerequisites