Yuri P. Tsvetkov
Areas of practice:
Yuri Tsvetkov has vast experience in providing legal analysis and preparing memoranda, legal opinions, charters and contracts for creating organizations, and other contracts related to various fields of law (currency, customs and tax, and antimonopoly legislation, corporate law, foreign investments legislation, intellectual property rights legislation, etc.). Yuri also provides legal support for a number of large foreign and transnational companies in Russia operating in the fuel and energy, refinery and smelting industries.
- Legal support of investment projects in Russia involving foreign companies creating both Russian subsidiaries and joint ventures (JV) with Russian companies, in particular building material manufacturers and oil transportation equipment manufacturers and distributors.
- Legal and financial due diligence of a Russian electrical manufacturer to be acquired by a large French company and one of Russia's largest agricultural producers for potential Russian investors.
- Legal support of a major Russian manufacturing company's project to found joint ventures in the CIS countries.
- Prepared legal opinions for major U.S., English and German banks as part of projects for granting loans worth several hundred million dollars to Russian companies, and as part of projects to issue and place corporate bonds of Russian companies on the U.S. and Western European markets.
- Prepared a legal documentation package for founding a holding company structure with a major Russian company and a major German company as stakeholders to cooperate in producing nodes and components for automobile manufacturing.
- Legal support relating to contracts for one of the largest U.S. machine building companies to supply equipment for oil transportation as part of a Sakhalin Production Sharing Agreement.
- Legal support relating to contracts for a major Canadian company to supply smelting and other technology to Russia.
- Legal support of a major investment project for an optical fiber communications network to be built by Russian, German and a number of other foreign companies, and in a project for Russian and U.S. companies to jointly use satellite communications.
- Legal support of the restructuring of a number of fuel and energy companies; drafting agreements for the sale of shareholdings in these companies and investors' joint management of this group of energy and fuel companies.
- Legal support of transactions to acquire large shareholdings in a number of smelting enterprises, and assisting in taking and documenting necessary corporate decisions.
- Defending a number of large Russian manufacturing companies against unfair competition practicies and abuse by competitors of their market monopoly; drafting trademark license agreements for major U.S. corporations; drafting joint venture agreements for construction.
- Litigating in international commercial arbitration, commercial (Arbitrazh) courts, and general jurisdiction courts in Russia in disputes over property, the validity of corporate decisions, and proceedings relating to bankruptcy, privatization, transfer of oil production licenses, insurance, copyrights, environmental protection requirements for developing natural resources, and land-use management; preparing legal opinions on Russian substantive and procedural legislation, as requested by foreign law firms for submission to foreign judicial and arbitration forums.
Practice of law:
- Andrey Gorodissky & Partners (since 1996)
Attorney (since 1999)
- Trade Office of the Russian Federation in Japan
Senior Legal Consultant (1991 – 1996)
- Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations of the USSR
Head of Main Contractual and Legal Department (1987 – 1991);
- USSR Trade Office in Sweden
Senior Legal Consultant (1984 – 1987)
- Ministry of Foreign Trade of the USSR
Chief Expert of Contractual and Legal Department (1979 – 1984);
- USSR Trade Office in Hungary
Senior Legal Consultant (1975 – 1979)
- Avtoexport All-Union Foreign Trade Association
Legal Consultant (1974 – 1975)
Education:Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO)
Degree in Law and International Relations (1974)
Membership:Moscow Bar Association (since 1999)
- Russian (native)